Hair extensions are the extension of your own curls by attaching donor, artificial or natural curls to them. The main difference between extensions of wigs, hairpieces and removable false hair in a reliable fixation of strands and in a long-term result - without correction, extensions are worn from 2 to 4 months.
The extension allows you to experiment not only with length, but also with a shade of hair - for this you can expand strands of a different color, different from the native, or at all take false strands of different colors, so that the hairstyle looks as creative as possible.
Who needs a strand?
The extension is «shown» to all girls, dissatisfied with the length and density of their own hair, who want to quickly change the picture and obtain a beautiful hair.But it should be borne in mind that the build-up has some contraindications:
- dandruff, dermatitis and other diseases of the scalp;
- hair loss;
- hypersensitive scalp;
- bad state of the hair - brittle, brittle, thin highlights;
- vascular diseases and pressure conditions;a tendency to headaches and migraines;
- chronic diseases requiring hormonal therapy or antibiotics;
- up to 16 years of age;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
The outcome and final appearance of the hairstyle after a visit to the salon depend directly on the method chosen by the master to fix the donor strands.About the different techniques of female hair extension and their features, the tools used and the timing of wearing we tell the following.
It is clear from the name of this method that capsules are used in the build-up process. It is with their help in the root zone to the hair divided into thin strands, attach donor locks - capsules are invisible, small and can be keratin, gel, resin and glue. There are also microcapsules, they are even more weightless. All capsule enlargement techniques are broken down into hot and cold mounting methods.
In this case, the master uses pliers heated to 90-180 degrees, which melt the capsule connecting the native hair with donor hair. The hot method has two popular varieties - Italian and English. They are distinguished from one another by the thickness of the strands, the composition of the bonding cap, and its shape after heating.
A significant disadvantage of hot extension is that the capsules cannot be heated: it is prohibited to wash the head with very hot water, to steam in the bath and sauna, to lay locks with curling iron and other thermometers - all this is fraught with the melting of capsules and the deposition of extended strands.
Cold build-up does not imply thermal effect on the hair, so it is considered safer for health curls. In the living room you may offer the following types of cold equipment:
Spanish extensions (surgical glue is used to fix the strands);
ultrasonic or Hollywood build-up (donor strands are fixed with the help of keratin capsules and ultrasonic device);
Japanese extensions (for hair extension use metal clips measuring 2-3 mm, with the help of which artificial hair is bound to parents);Brazilian extensions (the strands are attached to the hair by weaving into the braid of donor hair with natural curls and fixing the connection with synthetic thread, which is technically similar to dreadlocks and woven with canecalons);
gel extension (the master fixes the overlay strands with a special gel and forms the fixing capsule itself).
The capsule-free build-up differs from the previous type of hair extension in that it does not require the use of glue and capsules - the strands are fixed with the help of heat-sensitive sleeves, in which both native hair and extensions, and then the sleeves are clamped with pliers, heated to 120 degrees. What is interesting about this method: the clamps are located at the back of the head and are completely invisible to the outside and touch. However, there is one disadvantage: you cannot heat the hairstyle to 100 degrees, as high temperatures are able to melt cases.
Band extensions are a soft way to spread hair, when the native locks are attached between two adhesive bands with artificial strands.Lengthening strips are often used to increase the density of liquid and rare hair, suitable for elongating bangs and very short strands, and thanks to ultralight weight tapes - and for thinned, weakened curls. Belt extension correction does not take long and is required every five to six weeks.
Another gentle way to get the coveted length - hair extensions with tresses. The tresses are tufts of hair, sewn together and connected by a band of fabric. They can be removable (attached by micro-clips and removed at any time at will) or permanent (cracks fixed on pigtails or strands special glue or sewing threads). The most common tress length is from 40 to 70 cm.
How do you make a hair extension?
Allow us to tell you how hair extensions happen on the example of the keratin capsule method.This procedure takes 3 to 5 hours depending on the number of overlay strands.
- The hair and scalp of the client are rinsed and then dried with a hairdryer.
- The Master determines the line of fixation of the covering hair and splits the entire mass of the loops into thin strands.
- A donor strand is applied to the native hair and the tongs are warmed up with a binding keratin capsule.
- With his hands or his clamp, the master gives the capsule a spherical form.
- After attaching all the donor strands, the hair is straightened with an iron.
- With the help of a hot razor, the master aligns the place of transition from native hair to overhead.
- At the end, the final length and shape of the hairstyle is fine-tuned.
- The process is rather laborious and calls for certain skills.Only an experienced master will correctly select the type of overlay strands, their length and the method of attachment to the hair, properly carry out the procedure and fix the overlay hair. It is not necessary to talk about high-quality build-up at home - usually attempts to extend your hair on their own end with noticeable attachments, confusion of donor strands and their fall-out.
Your style is so unique in comparison to other people I’ve
read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I’ll just bookmark this blog.
I don抰 even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don’t know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!
Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!
Top site ,.. amazaing post ! Just keep the work on !
Lovely website! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am taking your feeds also.