Happy Monday all! Hope everybody is well, had a lovely weekend and has had a fab start to February. I’m personally hoping for a much better month than January so I’ve got new goals and plans in place and quite simply, can’t wait to get shit done over the next 28 days!
As you can tell from the title of the post, today’s review will be on the brand new mascara that Benefit Cosmetics launched earlier this week. I’ve always been a massive fan of Benefit mascaras (Roller Lash being my fave!) so had high hopes for the newbie.
Their existing mascaras, They’re Real! and Roller Lash currently hold the two top spots within the prestige UK make-up market for mascaras and after sitting firmly at those spots for several years, I wouldn’t be surprised if this new addition quickly becomes number 3.
If you follow Benefit on any social media, you would have seen this launch being built up and hyped more than ever. I used to work for Benefit years ago and the last time I can remember a product being hyped up this much was when they launched their whole new brow range which was so big the UK went mad for it – so I knew this new product would be a big deal.
It’s no surprise that this mascara is already flying off of the shelves. Not only is it everywhere you look on every Benefit counter and plastered all over social media with massive influencers also loving it but Benefit are offering a gift with purchase if you buy the mascara! It’s not a bad gift either like some companies often offer. It’s a beautiful holographic pink make-up bag as pictured so well worth a cheeky new mascara purchase.
Another mascara? Really?
I imagine you’re probably thinking ‘why could Benefit possibly need another mascara when they’ve got the two best selling ones in the UK already?’ Well, I thought about that too but the answer is pretty simple actually. They’re Real! is known for providing insane amounts of length and being super long lasting whereas Roller Lash is all about delivering that fluffy curl. Volume you ask? Neither of them will give you that which is exactly why Bad Gal Bang has been created.
After researching into this mascara and getting all the nitty gritty deets, it’s actually a really clever and cool product. It’s no wonder it’s taken Benefit 5 years to create it. Yep, that’s right – 5 whole years!
Why is it so different?
Let’s be honest, there are so many mascaras on the market now that it can be pretty overwhelming walking into a beauty department and knowing where to go. It’s so important to know exactly what makes each product stand out from it’s competitors because essentially, that’s what makes you buy it, right?
There’s a lot to this clever little lash coater but to prevent me writing a VERY long blog post, I’ll just list the key points that got my attention the most.
- As mentioned above, it’s taken 5 long years to create! To me, that seems like one hell of a lot of tweaking, work, research and perfecting to get a product exactly how they want it. Over these 5 years, it also took 75 prototypes of the wand to get it just right
- The formula features aero-particles derived from Space technology (this explains the ‘out of this world’ quote that I kept seeing floating about before the launch!) The aero-particles are one of the most lightweight raw materials known to man which helps to create a featherweight feel and prevents lashes from feeling heavy and weighed down
- It also contains Vitamin B5 which not only conditions but also helps to strengthen lashes which long term will result in naturally thicker and fuller looking lashes
- Benefit claims it to be water resistant which is great as let’s be honest, nobody likes getting caught short with a running mascara on a rainy day
- It apparently lasts for a whopping 36 hours! Not something I’ll personally trial as I have no need to wear a mascara that long and quite frankly, the thought scares me a little but it’ll be fab for those on holiday!
What are my thoughts?
Without a doubt, this mascara definitely delivers heaps of volume as promised. Some people may find the amount of volume TOO much as it does make your lashes super thick and jet black too. Personally I like my lashes to look as thick as possible in order to frame my eyes. However, for those who don’t like a thick lash effect, this one may not be for you.
Although I really love this mascara already, I have a strong feeling that I’m going to like it even more in a month or so once it’s dried out a little. I’m not sure why but I often find this with volumizing mascaras and tend to prefer a slightly drier formula as opposed to when I first get them.
I love the packaging of this mascara, the wand is great as it’s flexible to adjust and wiggle into your lashes and the wear time is hefty as promised.
How does it compare to the other Benefit mascaras?
I’m sure this is a question that a few people want answering so I thought I’d finish the post with my answer. For me personally, Roller Lash is still my favourite. The only reason for this is that my lashes are poker straight and therefore, a curling mascara is my best friend. However, that being said, I’m really intrigued to see how Bad Gal Bang looks if I curl my lashes beforehand. I’m confident that heaps of volume with a beautiful fluffy curl will be ideal for my lashes so I’ll definitely be trying it out very soon.
As always, please feel free to leave any questions or comments below and I’ll be sure to get back to you! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you’ve enjoyed the post.
Until next time,