Bucket lists have always intrigued me and although I’m not quite prepared to create one for my whole life just yet, I’m fully ready to take on a December one. After all, December is a busy month full of events, activities and general chaos so I may as well add a few of those things onto my to-do list.
Some of these things will be traditional and tasks/activities that I do every single December and some will be things that I may have wanted or tried to do in the past but haven’t quite found the time or energy to do. None the less, here’s my December Bucket List.
- Actually spend a good amount of time looking around the Bristol Christmas Market: In the past I’ve strolled past and had a light browse but not spent a decent amount of time properly looking
- Buy a new Christmas Jumper: In all honesty, mine isn’t exactly a Christmas jumper (it just has a penguin on it) and it’s WAY too small for me now as I’ve worn it on every ‘Christmas Jumper Day’ since I was about 16
- Complete Blogmas: It’s something I’ve had planned since I first started taking blogging seriously and want to challenge myself to complete it
- Buy a Christmas bedding set and make my bedroom feel all festive with cute little decorations: This is such a cliche blogger thing to do but it looks so cosy
- Visit either the Cardiff or Gloucester Christmas Market: I’ve been to the Gloucester one before and absolutely loved it
- Clear out things I don’t need before the big day comes around to make space for new goodies: I quite frankly have too much damn stuff
- Give out Christmas cards to the homeless people around Bristol: It upsets me to think that they spend Christmas Day alone so I’d like to make a small gesture to show I’ll be thinking of them
- A few days before Christmas, visit my Dad’s and Grandad’s grave with flowers to wish them a Merry Christmas: I don’t visit them often enough and feel that at this time of year it’s more important than ever
- Complete a Christmas themed puzzle: Puzzles are my guilty pleasure and they relax me when I’m stressed or have a lot going on
- Attend a Christmas light switch-on event: I’ve never been to one and they look so cute!
- Find the time amongst the Christmas chaos to spend time with my sister and friends: Plan lunch, days out, coffee dates because ‘I’m busy’ doesn’t cut it
- Buy an outfit to wear on Christmas Day: My sister and I did this last year, chose sparkly dresses and felt super festive
- Buy Christmas presents for all of my kitties: My step-dad jokes about this every year but I genuinely feel sorry for them not having gifts like us on Christmas morning
- Call/message family members that I don’t speak to frequently: Wish them a Merry Christmas
- Watch at least 5 Christmas films: Including Love Actually because this is family tradition
- Try every festive hot chocolate that coffee shops have to offer: I don’t drink tea or coffee so it’s just the caramel and fudge hot chocolates for me
- Spend an evening at the Christmas Market eating German hotdogs and churros and drinking hot chocolate: I’ve never done this before but everybody I know has so it’s a must!
- Show other bloggers tonnes of appreciation for their Christmas blog posts: It’s possibly the most challenging and time consuming thing I’ve done on here and they deserve all the recognition and praise in the world for participating too
- Find the time to still pamper myself and unwind: It’s far too easy to get caught up in so much during the month of December but it’s important not to burn yourself out
- Hold an event for my birthday: I never normally find the time to celebrate my birthday with friends properly due to it being so close to Christmas (December 16th) but this year it’s a must
That’s it for my December Bucket List. Let’s hope I actually manage to complete it! I’ll try and get a blog post written in the new year to let you all know if I completed each task.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you’ve enjoyed the post and you’re getting into the Christmas spirit like me.
Until next time,