Let’s be real, one of the most cliche yet common things to do during the festive season is curl up in front of the telly with mountains of snacks and watch Christmas films. It’s something I’ve done ever since I was tiny and I don’t think it’s a tradition that will ever stop for me. I’ve held off from watching one so far this year but by next week I’ll be in the full swing of things and I’ll probably be watching one every single day. That’s the problem isn’t it? Once you start you can’t bloody stop.
Below are my top 5 favourite Christmas films of all time:
- Elf – Quite possibly the most iconic and hilarious Christmas film out there? Much like Mean Girls, I know this film quote for quote and watch it every year without fail
- The Polar Express – This is one of those films that gives you the classic warm Christmas fuzzy feeling. I think so many people forget this film and it doesn’t get enough credit for how great it is but undoubtedly, The Polar Express is one of my favourite Christmas films of all time
- The Holiday – This is another Christmas film that gets forgotten and surprisingly, not everybody has watched. If you’re one of those people, watch it! It’s romantic, cute and an all-round feel good film
- The Grinch – The Christmas film of my childhood is definitely The Grinch. I remember the first time I ever watched it and I was left feeling both a little terrified and super festive. Let’s be honest, all of us are slowly turning into the Grinch in every situation too, right? I sure am!
- Home Alone – Shockingly, I’ve only recently watched the Home Alone films and it happened solely by accident. They were on one of the movie channels on TV several weeks back and I was watching whichever film was on beforehand so this film just naturally ran on and I actually really enjoyed it. Another hilarious Christmas film!
There we have my top 5 Christmas films. I’d love to hear about yours too! What Christmas favourites do you have? Let me know in the comments section below and give this post a like if you enjoyed reading it!
Until next time,